It's been a long time coming really, it even came with me to Cambodia. Not that it got even touched at all in between the flight there and the flight back, but I certainly got a few looks at Siem Reap airport! What can I say, it may have been 30degrees + outside, but the air con always makes me feel cold! Perfect conditions for crochet I say!
So there, once again, thank you very much Attic 24 for the pattern for this ripple blanket, it was perfect! And I also adapted Attic's granny blanket edging for my edging too. All in all, a a sucess I reckon! Well, I hope you like it too obviously, but I'm just so pleased with it! I smile everytime I look at it, it's just so cheerful and happy :-)
So, I bet you'd like to see the finished article right?
Ta-dah!!!!! Isn't it cool? So happy and colourful!!!! (Yes slap me if I say those two words once more in this post!!)
And now for the precariously-standing-on-chair photo ;-)
So, for information purposes only, and if you like numbers like I do, enjoy Arc-en-ciel's vital statistics:
Ends sewn in: 142
Estimated time: just under 50 hours
Price: practically free! I mostly used up yarn that I had in my stash, only bought a few more extras in France during a holiday last year, about 10euros worth.
Yarn used (number of times used) / origin:
- red (5) / Yarn Red DK from Wilkinson
- pink (6) / Yarnfair DK Pink colourway 737 from Wilkinson
- coral (7) / Yarnfair DKCoral colourway 036 from Wilkinson
- purple (7) / Bergere de France Bergerama Weigelia colourway 21158 from Toulouse, France
- mauve (6) / unknown
- shiny blue (5) / Impact de Phildar Myosotis colourway 026 from my nan
- deep blue (6) / Yarnfair DK Dark Blue colourway 205/80 from Wilkinson
- green (6) / Bergere de France Bergerama Majorque colourway 21153 from Toulouse, France
- yellow (6) / Yarnfair DK Warm Yellow colourway 027 from Wilkinson
- orange (6) / Bergere de France Bergerama Mineola colourway 21655 from Toulouse, France
- light green (1) / Yarn Jade DK from Wilkinson
- dull blue (2) / Bergere de France Bergerama Delft colourway 21566 from Toulouse, France
- dark green (2) / Robin DK colourway 45 from Wilkinson
Totally love it! Another happy crafty project to make my flat feel more like a home :-)
ps: I'm yet to work out how to sort out my photo problem without actually having to go through all the photos and resize them, or just pay for more space... although at the moment I don't see another possibility.... which is why these photos are tiny - no more massive photos on Petit Filoux I'm afraid (the type that you could click on and would expand to the size of the universe pretty much). I'll let you know if I come up with an easy simple solution of course. Hopefully a quick one too!