Tuesday 26 October 2010

It all gets in the way


The last couple of weeks have been a little bit of a rollercoaster. I've been to two weddings, travelled thousands of miles and even snuck in a little trip abroad in between. Not exactly my idea of a relaxing weekend and working week! Anyway, I now have a few evenings to relax before I'm off again. But more on this next week as it is someone's birthday treat!


I've found that disappointingly, I haven't turned to my crafting to relax. When I have had a few minutes to myself, I have spent them slouching in front of the TV. Give me anything, The Apprentice, Masterchef, Eastenders, Waterloo Road, I'll gobble anything you throw at me.


My cross stitch has officially stooled. But on the plus side, I have finally started on my ripple blanket. Much easier than I thought it would be, The Girl you have to sit down and give it another go, it's honestly not rocket science! Trust me, if I can do it, you definitely can. I like how the pattern is easily remembered. And choosing what colour to use next is quite fun, although as you can see, I haven't had to do that too often just yet.


Oh goodness, is it bad to long for 2011 already?! Honestly, the thought of all the end of year malarky, all the hassle that goes with Christmas, and then New Year, arghh!!! What, am I having a little pre-holiday rant? Most possibly. I hope you don't mind too much :-)

10 comments:

The Girl said...

Love those colours. Which pattern have you used? I tried out the Attic 24 one - totally agree that it's not rocket science, it just wouldn't work for me!

Petit Filoux said...

Yep it's the Attic 24 pattern - it's easy! I printed out all the photos and text and settled down for a couple of hours and tadah, a couple of rows appeared! Honestly, you MUST try again!
Oh and the colours are bright and cheerful, but a lot nicer than in that rubbish photo! Damn early nights!!!

dragonfly said...

Hey, so you started your ripple! It's looking good too. I did a bit more of mine at 2am this morning when insomnia struck!

Unknown said...

I'm really gonna have to sit down in the new year and try my hand at crochet again - everybody seems to be able to do apart from me :0(

I love the bright colours you've chosen for yours. Is it going to be a Xmas present for someone or are you going to keep it for yourself?

Jill x

Petit Filoux said...

It's all for me!!!! It's really a major de-stash operation, mostly cheap and cheerful yarn, so I thought it would be perfect to take on picnics or when we go camping next year! And seeing as it's my first go at rippling, it's bound to have a few mistakes in so it's best if I keep it to myself!

mooncalf said...

Lovely blankie. I'd love a brightly coloured picnicy crochet blankie. I only seem to have leftovers in boring colours though.

I hope you get some quiet time to recover soon. I go loopy when my weeks and my weekends are full of travelling and commitments.

Lina said...

Ah Windsor...we visited this summer and lived there for three years when we were young professionals sans enfants. Thanks for sharing your photos!

stashavalanche said...

I love your blanket colours. How big is it going to be? I think the hardest part of rippling is the first row, after that it's pretty straightforward, but I have to agree with The Girl, I had problems with Attic 24's pattern too so went off and taught myself from various YouTube clips.

Flitterbee said...

Your pictures make me want to go to Windsor and I like the colours.

Rowan said...

I love that scarf; such beautiful colours x