Wednesday 1 September 2010

Deux cafés s'il vous plait!


I don't do coffee. Or tea for that matter. Or any kind of hot drink. Very occasionally, if it gets really really cold, I might have the odd herbal tea. And on a bad day (or good day, depending which side of the fence you sit on), hot chocolate. But put me in a different country and I'm guzzling down stimulants like there's no tomorrow. Photographic evidence from France? There you have it. Espressos all the way.


Oh and a few other drink shots in there for good measure.


Because there was some alcohol consumption.


Not much, but definitely more than normal. There was a night when I sipped on the strongest mojito in the world, ran across town and banged on a shop window until someone came out (in my defense it was 9.55 and they were meant to close at 10 - not impressed). Perhaps this is a story for another day. A dark cold day when I have nothing else to write about.

5 comments:

The Girl said...

I think we definitely need to hear about the banging on the shop window story.

Holidays are all about eating and drinking too much. It's obligatory.

Melanie said...

Oh God... I miss summer in France, now... Boooooo....

I haven't managed to go home this summer, makes me a little bit sad inside...

Diane said...

Cafe au lait for me please - I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!! xxxx

Unknown said...

oh no do do do tell!!

I jumped in a swimming pool with all my clothes on... the day before flying home. Read wet clothes in a suitcase for 12 hrs.... not good. Not my proudest moment.

topchelseagirl said...

I don't do hot drinks either, except the occasional hot choc on a cold day.