You will need:
- 200g ground almonds
- 175g soft butter
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- a dash of milk
- 250g boozy berries (blackberries used here - would obviously work fine with 'normal' fruit, but I'm sure it's much more fun with these little babies!)
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Baseline and grease and deep 23cm tin.
- Mix together the almonds, butter, sugar, flour and eggs until well combined.
- Add the milk if your mix feels a little clumpy and heavy. Mix well.
- Spread half the mix in the tin - you'll probably need to use your fingers to do this properly.
- Scatter the fruit on top then dollop the rest of the mix and spread (again, use your fingers).
- If you have any flaked almonds lying around in a cupboard, sprinkle 2 tbsp on top, but if you're like me and you don't, you've run out, and you forgot to buy some more, just put it in the oven for 50min.
Enjoy as it is or with a large tablespoon of fromage frais. Yu-um!!!
Before I go, I want to say a big thank you to all of you who left a comment on my big tapestry reveal yesterday. It pleased me no end to know that you found it nice too!! You're the first people to see after Boyfriend (and the people at the art shop who did the framing, but they don't count really!), so I'm really really happy you like it!! xx