Tuesday 2 February 2010

Blocking


There's something about blocking which is final. It gives some kind of pleasure which is linked to a project being finished. It signals the end of something, yet at the same time, the begining of another. The end of the crafting cycle, but the start of the actual life of the project. The moment it starts being lived in, it starts serving its purpose. Blocking is time consuming, yet soothing at the same time. I feel like I'm putting myself through this process right now, at this very moment. I'm ready for a change, I'm in the drying process. The pins have been put in place. I'm ready for something new.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Picture. I'm tryign to finish those thinks hanging arond to I can look forward to new things! Kx

Unknown said...

Nothing like a little blocking to know you project is near it's end. What's up next.

Kate - The Garden Bell....

Fun pictures. Just look at all those pins.

Jennifer said...

It looks great, sounds like you've got lots in store for the future.

The Girl said...

Looking forward to seeing the new projects (and indeed the finished project once the blocking is finished!)