Tuesday 9 February 2010

A little more time to heal

Thank you all for your kind words yesterday, they helped make the day a little more bearable. My anger and pain has faded a little already, words have been exchanged and it has been agreed things need to change. For definite this time. Some problems cannot be shared easily and can only really be dealt with by the person it affects. I can only lend a supportive shoulder, but I want to make it clear that there is no guarantee this shoulder will always be there. I will not be taken for granted.

Anyway, enough about this. I'm feeling a bit tired after a couple of nights of pretty rubbish sleep, and I can tell you I usually sleep like a baby, so I'm not quite sure how to deal with this! I wish I were at home where I could bury my face in this little baby:


I made a couple of lavender pouches at the weekend, using some Cath Kidston swatches I had lying around. One now lives in my underwear drawer, the other graces a door handle in the kitchen. They're filled with toy stuffing and quite a generous amount of dried lavender buds.


The smell is absolutely gorgeous and reminds me of those sunnier days when we picked this lavender in the fields nearby. Good times... Oh how I look forward to lying down in the sun, closing my eyes and letting my face get warm in those bright rays... Please summer, hurry!!

7 comments:

The Girl said...

Glad you're feeling a little better, hopefully you'll start to sleep a little easier and that will makes things a little bit more bearable.

And summer is on it's way - it's just got lost for a little bit!

Maddi Makes... said...

Hello PF - I hope you're feeling better today. I hope this cheers you up! I have awarded you with a Sunshine Award for your blog - I know you already have one, but I couldn't resist! http://maddimakes.blogspot.com/

MM xxx

Maddi Makes... said...

ps should maybe have said i love your posts and look forward to reading them - which is why i wanted to give you this award! :-)

Sandra said...

This is a nice idea to use up all the dried lavender I still have in a vase
remaining from last summer. They lost a bit of the color but still smell very good.

Jennifer said...

Very pretty lavender bags. I hope you are able to sleep better soon.

Liz said...

Lovely sachets - I really want to get around to making some of those.

Petit Filoux said...

Maddi thank you so much!!! That cheered me up no end yesterday!!! I can't believe I've got 2 sunshine awards now!!! So even though I go on moaning about things, I guess you're not running away just yet ;-) xxx