Tuesday 23 August 2011

Favourite room

I'm sure everyone must have a favourite room in their house. Somewhere you might like because you feel comfortable in it, somewhere you can relax, somewhere you can read in peace, or somewhere you can sing to the top of your voice without anyone taking notice. My favourite room? The bathroom. Might sound like an odd choice to some, but let me tell you why.


The house on that side is east facing and on bright clear days, the view of the sun rise from the bathroom window is simply incredible. You can feel yourself slowing down, breathing a little deeper, closing your eyes with the sun rays coming through. Any day that starts that way has got to be a good day, no doubt.


And when you have a beautifully smelling rose which has found a new home right there, I'm pretty sure it can't get any better than that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my bathroom too - I can birdwatch over the pond in the field or the bird feeders in the tree by the bathroom window.

Flowers in bathrooms are lovely, I think so often people forget that it's a room too and needs just as much love and attention as the rest of the house. After all some of us spend quite a lot of time in there!