Thursday 25 August 2011

At the weekend

Soulemama does "right now" posts so well, I thought I'd try it myself... although of course I'm a little busy and posting tends to be delayed a little somehow... I'm sure noone will mind though! And it's quite nice doing a little retrospective anyway...


At the weekend I:

* Enjoyed lovely flowers scattered around my home. I can actually say "my home" now which is rather unerving... and terribly exciting!

* Prepared lunch for some garden helpers. The weather was good, new tools were purchased, gloves were worn (through? already?!). We've started the battle of the gardens. And we're enjoying some seasonal cuttings on the mantelpiece - I'm in love!

* Was thinking that my crochet top is long overdue. It just needs blocking and sewing up woman, get your skates on! Did I do anything about it though? Not yet, *sigh*...

* Got a little sad that we've had to say goodbye to our furry friend... and already thinking of a way to fill his shoes paws...

* Painted my toes red. Meant to do it in my favourite shade so far this year, Marron glace by Mavala, but a party meant it just had to match...
* Tried to make the most of the weekend and not let myself have a heart attack after the quote we were given to get the carpet changed... now, where's that lottery ticket gone?!

4 comments:

PinkCatJo said...

'My home' sounds lovely and it's looking lovely too! x

Anonymous said...

I think that sounds like a pretty good weekend :) What colour did you paint your nails in the end?

Petit Filoux said...

Red!

Lucy in the Clouds said...

Pretty pics, love your fireplace, not at all jealous!