Tuesday 30 August 2011

Cadeaux

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for your comments on my last post. Whilst I found some to be rather on the defensive, I appreciate all of them and all have been useful. We have not reached a decision as yet, but I'd like to make it quite clear that I wasn't trying to find "excuses" not to get a cat, no one is forcing me to get one (or two), but rather I was trying to write down every thing that could possibly annoy us or make use change our minds. Isn't it best to consider every possibility before bringing it into our home?! Anyway, I do not wish to defend my position against people who clearly have a manichean view of the world with those that love cats and those that don't. Some on us love animals but simply like to make informed choices. Now, onto today's post if you will!

Living somewhere new means people want to share your joy. And make it even bigger than it already is (your joy that is). (And yes, I realise that sounds totally weird and foreign! I'm sure you get it anyway). So anyway, they feel that one way of doing just that is to give us presents. We have been given a few so far and honestly, it's just so much fun to get new things! They don't have to cost much, it's just the novelty you know? So far we got a few goodies from France (more on those some other time)...


The finest washing machine in the land...


Some seating for our garden... I could eat that fabric I love it so much!


And a generous aunt is helping us stay in touch with music in the kitchen.


Finally, we got ourselves a little present too - one that consists of a table and two chairs - surely there are some nice days left out there during which we could sit our little bottoms outside in the garden and soak up those rays? Bought in the sale too, so a completely reasonable purchase, I'm sure you'll agree!


Now, I don't want to sound like I'm gloating, and life has proved to have its ups and downs, but it's feeling pretty damn good right now. So, let's enjoy what's left of August and keep all our fingers crossed that an Indian summer is on its way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you have finished chomping on that fabric please leave a mouthful for me too! You have friends and family with great style and taste and here's hoping for an Indian summer too.

girls who like to gorge said...

A digital radio in the kitchen is such a must!! xxx