Wednesday 24 November 2010

Thankful

Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes there are more ups than downs, and it is difficult to stand with our heads held high. Hearts can be full of sorrow and pain, but the future lies ahead, and one should not forget there are many, many more happy memories to make.


I feel that this American tradition of giving thanks, originally a harvest festival, is most appropriate right now. One gets so easily bogged down in negativity, in things not being right, things not going according to plan. So here is my list of 10 things I am most grateful for. Some are easily forgotten and that's a pity. (And yes, I know I'm one day early, Thanksgiving is tomorrow in the US, but then it was in October in Canada, so there we go)


I am grateful for:


  1. me and my loved ones being healthy
  2. having a caring mother
  3. not having major money worries
  4. having a roof over my head
  5. having someone to share my life with, for better and for worse
  6. living in a country where I can live my life as a free independent woman
  7. having access to clean drinking water and electricity
  8. wonderful friends without whom life wouldn't be the same
  9. a head full of dreams, aspirations and ambition
  10. being me, with all that that entails, the good times and the bad times, the flaws and the strengths
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

The Girl said...

What a lovely post!

I know I need to write something lovely and meaningful in response to what I'm thankful for but my head is kind of fuzzy today so I will just say that I am thankful for this cup of tea I'm currently drinking because it is warming my very cold body.