Thursday 1 December 2011

Birthday celebrations


Not mine this time, no no, Mr Petit Filoux's. As you can probably work out, our birthdays aren't too far apart, which is quite nice I reckon. It means that when we want to, we can combine celebrations. But not this year, oh no. T'was way too much of an important birthday for Mr PF for me to even consider combining efforts. 


So we trotted off to the Peak District for a long weekend and goodness I just can't wait to go back. Stunning scenery, and I'm conscious we only saw about 0.001% of it all... Nonetheless, here are a few photos, I'm sure you'll want to go there too by the end of this post.





Intertwined with this was a lush rented converted barn, lots of cups of coffee, some special kiddy sugar-filled cereal for the morning, an overly fancy shower with sideway jets and a radio, some secret embroidery (a late birthday present!), a scrumptious chocolate cheesecake and a Sunday-night curry from a curry house in a small town which was so incredibly busy, cars were double and triple parked. Still haven't figured that one out. Anyway, there it was, a wonderful weekend enjoyed by all. A few days away from the mayhem of the house and work.


November, you've been a good month. Can't believe it's the 1st of December already. Where has the year gone?! I've got a million and one things to do now to get ready for the festivities, but I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now my advent calendar is all done. More on this tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

mooncalf said...

Cool! Looks like a lovely trip. Hope we get to see the secret embroidery tomorrow...

PinkCatJo said...

Oooh, it does look wild.
Can't wait to see the Advent Calendar! x

Cwm Crafts said...

I so want to go to the peak district, I cannot wait for more photos. Lovely blog. Vicky.x

Ruthcrafts said...

Lovely Derbyshire! Want to go... want to see the Advent calendar too :)

The Curious Cat said...

Happy Birthday to the boyf! I went to the Peak District some years back and it is a very pleasant place! Glad you had some time to get away and enjoy yourselves - I love British holidays! Always good to know the country you live in! xxx