So, onto today's post. Food. Sunday food. But I'm afraid this isn't a roast. So no recipe for healthy roast potatoes here (is there such a thing anyway?!). Rather an alternative.
And I give you my word this is totally and absolutely delicious. The best thing about it too, it's ridiculously easy to make. Easy ingredients, easy prep. And easily doubled too. Here goes:
Ingredients (for 2):
- tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- large tablespoon of green olives
- large tablespoon of black olives
- tablespoon of capers
- 2 fillets of frozen (or fresh if you have it) haddock
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- In a baking tin, add a swirl of olive oil, the garlic, tomatoes, olives and capers. Mix everything and put in the oven for 15min.
- When the 15min are up, place the fish on top, add a grind of black pepper and put in the oven for another 15-20min (until the fish is cooked)
- Scatter with fresh basil leaves and serve with brown rice
- Best enjoyed with a lovely crisp white wine ;-)