Tuesday 5 January 2010

Welcome back!!

Hello everyone!!! Happy new year to you all!!!! How is it going for you so far? Good I hope!!

Today's my first day back at work, I took yesterday off and it was a great idea!! So nice to be lounging around just that bit longer, having a lie in, a late breakfast, pottering around, doing some last minute tidying up and having one last look at very exciting Christmas presents. Oh yes, I had a fantastic holiday!! Such fun!! (Anyone watch Miranda?) Anyway, digressing!!!

So. 2010 hey. Well it better be a good one. I've got good hopes though. I mean, it can't be worse than 2009. Well ok, it could be a lot worse, but you know what I mean. 2009 was rubbish enough, I think we could all do with a good year. You know the type of year where everyone around you is healthy, you don't loose your job, you feel content with your life and you get a proper summer. Please. Pretty please. I want some real sunshine this year. And not just for one week in June.

So there. I can't say I was too sad to see the back of 2009. And now, coming into this new decade, I suddenly made some quite scary realisations. This coming decade I might get married, I will hopefully have children and I will turn 30 (thanks for reminding me boyfriend!!). There could be some major changes coming my way!!! But anyway, all in good time!!!! In the meantime, I'm going to make some small changes to make this year a good one. I can't just rely on the weather forecast. So first of all, more exercise. It's good for the body and it's good for the mind. Secondly, be more positive in general. Thirdly, enjoy my youthfulness. It's not going to be around forever, so I should make the most of it while I can.

I think that's about it really. Have you got any new year's resolutions? I don't know if setting oneself resolutions is a good idea, but it definitely does some good looking at this new year as a new start. Anything is possible.

And on that note, I'll leave you with a question. Completely irrelevant to what I've been babbling on about. What do you reckon: does a slice of christmas cake a day keep the doctor at bay? I guess I'll figure that one out soon enough. I'll keep you posted ;-) xx


6 comments:

Gina said...

I'm sure it must count as one of your fruit portions for the day!

The Girl said...

I'm with Gina - christmas cake is loaded with fruit! You're well sorted.

I haven't made any resolutions but definitely look at this year as a new start. Hard not to. Especially with the bright white canvas we've got in Hull at the moment with all the snow!

Here's to 2010 - Year of the Happiness!

Ali said...

Oh God. Realized I hit all those milestones last decade. What on earth am I meant to do for the next 10 years?? Feeling ancient and boring now. Pass the cake.

Jennifer said...

Wow, I hit the married one in the decade before last, yikes. I'm enjoying my thirties way more than my twenties though, you'll be just fine.

PinkCat said...

Sounds like we're hitting the same milestones this decade! I'm sure lots of yummy cake will be consumed at many celebrations this decade! x

Lenny said...

That cake looks lovely, pretty sure it must count towards your five a day - I'm going to pretend that slice of carrot cake I had did!