Saturday 1 January 2011

The first

The first day of the year. Well a happy happy new year is in order I guess!! Hope you all celebrated in style, or however made you happy.

The start of a new year, there's always a little bit of pressure right? There will be no new year's resolutions over here. No personal deadlines, nothing to make me feel inadequate, nothing unachievable to work towards. This year will be a happy year, whatever happens. If I loose weight, good. If I manage to keep it off, even better. If I keep my job, good. If I find one that means I can work closer to home, or enjoy every single day, even better. If that doesn't happen, it won't be the end of the world.

2010 has been pretty good I guess. Life has had its ups and downs, but I've made my way through, not necessarily unscathed, but I'm still here. Hey after all, I've learned how to crochet, I've discovered new parts of the world, I've even joined a new gym. I can't think of other achievements right now, maybe I'm not giving myself enough time to think, maybe I'm just not in the right frame of mind. But it doesn't matter. I like to make lists so I can tick things off, not so I can make a record of what I've done.

All I want in 2011 is for me and my loved ones to be happy and healthy. Here's to 2011 dear readers!!

3 comments:

Lina said...

Happy new year! Lina xoxo

The Curious Cat said...

I like your thinking! Happy New Year lovely - hope it brings lots of joy xxx

Simone said...

Happy New Year ! I like to tick things off too! x