I made this lushious body scrub for my mum for Christmas. I had to post about it because it really is the easiest thing to do. Once you get hold of the necessary ingredients, all that's required is a little weighing and some mixing. End of. So there's no excuse not to make this.
- 300g coarse sea salt (from the supermarket! You can go for the fancy organic type or standard, both work!)
- 20g green seaweed flakes (struggled to find this; best I could find was Clearspring green nori sprinkle)
- 100g granulated sugar (I'm sure other types of sugar would work just as well)
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil (I got mine from Neal's Yard Remedies)
- Mix the sea salt with the sugar.
- Add the seaweed and mix well.
- Finally add the essential oil and mix lightly.
- Fill a kilner jar and tie some garden twine and a shell around it!
[original recipe taken from UK Handmade online magazine, summer issue 2010 pages 40-41. Original recipe called for 50g of seaweed, I think 20g is plenty]