- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large potatoes, cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2L vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can butter or cannellini beans
- 140g spaghetti, snapped into short lengths
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped carrot, onion, celery, garlic and potatoes. Cook on a high heat for 5min until softened.
- Stir in the tomato puree, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer, covered for 10min.
- Tip in the beans and pasta, then cook for another 10min. Add the cabbage for the final 2min.
(Recipe from Good Food here)
Oh and by the way, I forgot to tell you (but I'm sure you eagle eyed readers have already noticed!) I've added a new link at the top of my blog. If you click on My Recipes, you'll get a list of all the recipes I've blogged about with links back to the relevant posts. Just to make it easier for you to find your favourite recipes! :-)