Wednesday 9 September 2009

Flower explosion


Good morning all! I hope you're having a nice week so far, hasn't the weather been wonderful?!! I know the temperatures are going down, but the sun is still shining, so we can't complain really!

In line with all this glorious brightness, I'd like to share some photos of flowers that I took at the weekend.


I'm not very good with plants, so I don't know their names, but I hope you enjoy my little mosaics! (on that note, sorry if I got a little mosaic-happy, I have only just discovered how to make them and I had to get it out of my system!)

8 comments:

Attic24 said...

oooooooooo what gorgeous, beautiful pictures, they've made me smile this morning :o)
xxxxxxxxx

Ali said...

You can't beat a good mosaic (beautiful rosehips).

Lizzy said...

I wonder where you went to take these photos>

I recognise dahlias, lupin, fushia, scabious, roses and anemone. Weather in Essex has been wonderful, very hot yesterday. It's getting a little cooler in the mornings and getting dark earlier now.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty colour combinations and lovely cottage flowers. I do love lupins so!

Lizzy - We've had cooler (more like cold!) mornings in West London too but the sunshine we've had today has so far been fabulous! x

Aoife said...

Lovely photos!

Petit Filoux said...

Lizzy, we went to a little village called Preston to the south of Hitchin - one garden must have had about twenty different types of roses, it was amazing! Weather has been quite odd this week, quite warm during the day but really cold in the mornings! Well actually, not so warm during the days anymore, but at least it's sunny!

Emily said...

What gorgeous photos! I'm useless with the names of flowers but whatever they all are, they do look pretty.

I don't think I'm cut out for this running lark I must say, but you could still be ready for November if you can face it. I know that once I've got this thing over and done with I'll be spending some quality time with my bed!

whoatemycrayons said...

Your photo montage is just lovely. What a great blog, you can't beat the cakes, flowers and design combination!