Friday 18 November 2011

Map of hearts

You know how sometimes you see something and your immediate reaction is, I could make that! Unfortunately, I think this is something quite common in the craft world. If I see something that I like, I'd much rather have a go at making it myself than parting with my hard earned pennies.


A while back, I saw this. It lingered in the back of my head, I thought it was quite a neat little idea, but I . So when it came to Mr Petit Filoux's birthday and I got myself  stuck with the idea that I was going to give him as many presents as the number of years he'd spent on this little planet, I needed all the help I could get, or rather ideas. I needed a lot of ideas. So this came creeping out of my brain and became reality. I picked locations close to our hearts, just his, just mine, places we'd been together, places that had a significance in our lives. And this is what I came up with. I'm really pleased with it and I can't wait for the house to be in a state where we can put pictures up.


A collection of places and hearts. Happiness.

9 comments:

Made in Suisse said...

You are one crafty genius!!

The Girl said...

Oh my goodness that's so wonderful I love it! Aah it almost bought a little tear to my eye and melted my stone cold heart a bit.

I hope he loved it - I'm so tempted to do something like that for The Person but it might be too girly for him.

MelMel said...

What a fantastic idea....it looks so professional and so special as you have picked out places that mean something to you both......what a wonderful gift!
Have a super weekend!

XXxx

The Girl said...

Ps I've just clicked on the original link - HOW MUCH?!

Anonymous said...

It looks marvellous. I bet it didn't cost £185 though!

Tessa said...

I love it! So simple but so stunning. Where did you get the maps from?!

Petit Filoux said...

combination of OS maps online (UK) and google maps (abroad)! Saved them as jpegs then got them printed on photo paper - since I kept them small, quality wasn't an issue and they were fine as they were! Easy!

Ali said...

Awww - I bet he loved it! And all the more special for having been made by you, I'm sure.

The Curious Cat said...

It looks wicked! I must say!! I bought a book from the charity shop of the maps the other day..hope to do something arty with them too! xxx