I tell him it's not cake, it's "bread". Banana bread.
He tells me it's not healthy.
I tell him it's healthy because I added poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds and other seeds I had lying around in the cupboard.
Basically, it's just bananas and seeds. What's there to argue about?!
Conclusion: I've had this for breakfast and it's lush. End of story (well not really, scroll down if you want the recipe!)
Banana bread recipe
- 100g butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 plain flour
- 100ml milk (I used skimmed and it worked fine)
- 2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 3 super ripe mashed bananas
- optional extras: seeds, nuts, chocolate chips...
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a loaf tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat it all together.
- Add the flour, bicarb and milk. Mix together well.
- Add mashed bananas, and extras if using.
- Pour mix into lined tin and bang in the oven until cooked (after 25min skewer was still coming out covered in cake goo so I turned the temperature down to 175C for an extra 20min and it worked a treat)