Thursday 20 December 2012

Hello there.

Hello there.


It’s the 20th of December. It would appear I haven’t blogged a single time since April. Shameful, utterly shameful. I used to enjoy this little place. I would relish the time of the day when I would check out inspiring blogs out there and get lost in their amusing, entertaining and beautiful posts. Only something happened.

I can’t quite put my finger on it. Ah yes, life got in the way. Now, where did we hear that before? Basically, I travelled, and Boyfriend came back from Australia, and work got a little more hectic, and I went on another holiday, and work got even more hectic. I ended up having lots of different interviews and finding a new job. Still living in the same wonderful little house, but Boyfriend was upgraded (or rather upgraded himself) to Fiancé.

So here I am, a few months down the line, and not so much to show for it. Well apart from new business cards and a pretty ring, of course. Sadly, not a lot of crafting has happened around these parts. Living in a house is a lot of work, there’s always something to clean, and there’s always something to tidy up in the garden. Work is also keeping me a lot more busy these days. Crazy deadlines mean I have been working a lot harder and longer hours. To give you an example, I started at 7.15am on Wednesday and didn’t really stop until 11pm. That doesn’t leave any time to blogland. No writing and no reading.

So here I am, making a little comeback a few days before Christmas. Not the wisest move perhaps but I have felt that amongst all the mayhem, one needs a little escapism. And this is it for me. I definitely won’t be going back to my daily posting, I simply haven’t got the time. But a weekly post sounds appealing, something to summarise what I have been up to in the previous seven days or so. I just miss writing, I miss crafting and I miss photography. It is clear all were intimately linked to this blog and I want it all back.

See you next time.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

So lovely to see you back here again, and congratulations on your engagement! Rxx

Ali said...

Here's hoping you find a way to fit it all in (and if there is a magic potion, please be sure to tell me where to get some)!

Tessa said...

Welcome back! I haven't posted for ages either...perhaps I should do soemthing about it too!

Katy said...

Great to see you back in my feed reader. And congratulations on the positive life changes, commiserations on the bits about being too busy for the things you enjoy.

Unknown said...

have a gorgeous Christmas! (and Congratulations on the upgrade!!!!)

Anonymous said...

How nice to see you again and congratulations on your engagement! Happy New Year too.

The Curious Cat said...

Happy Return! And congratulations on your engagement! Lucky you! Hope you have more time for your blog going forward! xxx