Tuesday 25 October 2011

Stripe déjà-vu

She saw it two years ago now. Thought it looked absolutely smashing (and no, those weren’t her exact words, it is my mum after all). She said she would love one exactly the same. Blue and white stripes, so chic, so timeless. And so bloody warm too.


Two years down the line and I thought now was the right time. Let’s hope it was indeed a timeless wish to have the same scarf as me. This will make part of her Christmas present and I hope she likes it. So far, I’ve spent 6.5 hours working on it, pretty much every waking minute spent on the train in the last week or so. Apart from the 1.5hr journey where I fell asleep, bang in the middle of the afternoon. Oops.

I want to finish it as soon as possible because I’m itching to start on something for my nan. And that is bound to take me much, much longer…

3 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Lovely to hear of another knitter who doesn't get a sweater finished in a day. My knitting is sporadic and lengthy, but I get there in the end. Love the scarf, hope you show the finished article.
BTW read your 'Tongue Tied' article and I think you are a very normal blogger. Mine certainly isn't regular, just when I have time and so many things to share I post quite a few things and then there will be weeks when I don't. Its your blog, you do it your way thats what makes blogging so great..variety, and you see I came back to read! x

Anonymous said...

That is going to look very elegant, I too hope that you'll show the finished thing. I agree with 'Winnie' about it being your blog and doing it only when you feel the need.

Heather said...

I love blue and white stripes, you are quite right, they are timeless x