Wednesday 7 March 2012

Food let down

This doesn’t happen often. I see a recipe and think it looks appealing. The list of ingredients is sound, this should turn out ok, right?



Oh dear. Far from it. How can this be? I was so looking forward to this Sunday morning. Worse thing is, I had to finish some off yesterday and let me tell you, there could never be enough apricot jam to drown out the taste of those mean little pancakes (photo below isn't greatly appealing I know, crab apple jelly isn't photogenic out of the jar it seems). They looked so good, so promising. Unfortunately, the taste was rather odd, and more like an omelette than a pancake. Not my favourite. Although possibly due to the fact that I didn't actually blend the mixture, I just mixed it around with a spoon...


Saturday’s breakfast on the other hand was a lot better. Can’t go wrong with a plain wholemeal bagel and scrambled eggs. Clearly, I must stick to basics rather than try and be extravagant.


You live and learn don't you.

3 comments:

The Girl said...

I feel your pain. Can't tell you how often this happens to me. I do everything the recipe tells me, why doesn't it come out right?!

Gah. Disappointing food is the WORST.

Anonymous said...

It is so frustrating when that happens!

The Curious Cat said...

I read somewhere recently that sometimes chefs use dud recipes in their cookbooks but hope the person cooking it will think they f-d up...so be warned. Not all recipes are good and foolproof!