Thursday 8 March 2012

Beeswax candles

I love candles. But the idea of burning something in my home which might be full of nasty chemicals is less and less appealing. So I've recently turned to beeswax candles. The homemade type.


Homemade because these were made by yours truly! To be completely honest, if you've done this yourself, you'll know that a three year old could do this too, but this doesn't stop me from feeling very pleased with myself!


So apart from feeling rather smug for succesfully rolling a sheet of beeswax, I must say these really are delightful. Their natural fragrance is really lovely and their colour pleasingly natural. I can't decide which ones I like best, the plain ones, or those with a frilly side.


I am now on the lookout for a good online supplier of beeswax sheets, because I've exhausted the supplies given out in my little kit. Any suggestions welcome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely!

Anonymous said...

I like the frilly ones, I would never have thought of doing that.

The Curious Cat said...

ooo what a lovely idea! :) xxx