Monday 23 April 2012

Easy lunch

After posting about my lovely leftovers the other night (and rest assured, foie gras and 2002 Bordeaux wine are not usual fare in my house!), I made myself a lovely little lunch at the weekend. I've been terribly busy lately, getting ready for Mr PF imminent arrival, and haven't spent much time in the kitchen.

And sometimes, all you need are good basic ingredients:


Dark rye loaf from the best bakery in town, and other ingredients courtesy of Waitrose. One ingredient is missing though, a chunk of garlic. Fairly important too, as it was scraped against the toasted bread to give it some flavour. You just can't beat that.


So there, here's to good simple food. Have a nice start of week everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PF - where are you? we miss you! come back!

Green Pees said...

That look a lot better than what I thought you were going to make: a posh crisp sandwich. Silly me.

The Curious Cat said...

Where have you gone? Are you coming back?! xxx

thea said...

oooh, yummo! that looks good!

thea.
(spoonfulzine)